Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bush's Fuzzy Math on Iraq

I simply must toot my own horn and point to this post over at C&L:


Bush's Fuzzy Math on Iraq Oh yeah, that Bill W. Jammin

It wasn't the first time I'd sent in a vid I had written a post about that C&L gave me a hat tip for, but it was the first time I was allowed the "Guest blogged by" honors, and the honor was all mine. Of all the prominent blogs on the left, Crooks and Liars does the most with the least imho. The costs of maintaining a video blog like C&L are enormous comparatively, especially the storage and bandwidth costs, and the entrance of video hosting sites like YouTube that allow anyone to upload, share, and embed videos to their site has hurt C&L in no small way. Now I really like YouTube too, obviously as I post lots and lots of videos there myself, but that leaves me and anyone else who posts television content there completely at the mercy of those at YouTube who could choose to remove my videos at any time they want for any number of reasons, and unfortunately that does happen all too often. Then what? That's why it's very important that the progressive blogosphere has a site we can depend on like C&L to preserve those video archives of current events and wing-nuttery that aren't at the mercy of some complaint or corporate whim. C&L is a treasure, an invaluable resource, and one that truly deserves our continued support.

It's been fascinating to be able to get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes at a site like C&L, and let me tell you it takes a lot of dedicated people doing a lot of great work just to keep it going. I'm so glad to have been able to have been a tiny part of it, and hopefully they might even let me hang around a while longer. :)

Update: Bush’s tax laws hard at work …
(Guest blogged by Bill W.)

Cons, Mushroom Clouds, and Oil
(guest blogged by Bill W.)

Real Time with Bill Maher:
(guest blogged by Bill W.)

Oh. Hell. Yeah. Jammin Jammin Jammin Jammin Jammin