Thursday, July 12, 2007

What's News? July 12 2007

I'm going to try to keep a daily "What's News?" posting on this blog. Basically I see it being a summary of short excerpts & links to what is going on in US/World News in a format that's subject to evolve over time. Here's my first crack at it:

Florida state Rep. Bob Allen (R), Florida co-chair of the McCain campaign, was arrested in a Titusville park restroom on charges of solicitation.
TPM: As officer Kavanaugh explains in the arrest report "Allen engaged me in a conversation in which it was agreed that he would pay me $20.00 in order to perform a 'blow job' on me."
Sen. David Vitter, R-La., whose number on the D.C. madam list was exposed earlier this week by Larry Flynt (who btw says he is also tracking 20 congressional sex scandals leads) was defended by Jeanette Maier, the "Canal Street Madam", whose brothel she claims Vitter frequented several times beginning in the mid-1990s, paying $300 per hour for services:
Maier: "I want his wife to know he's a good man, I want his children to know he's a good father. If he had sex out of wedlock, so what? At least he stayed with his children."
Oh, but that's not all. Wonkette has more on Sen. "Diaperman" Vitter:
When Republican Senator David Vitter rented prostitutes back home in New Orleans, there was “more than sex” — he liked the hookers to make him wear diapers. ...
And if Vitter's wife plans on keeping her word, he might want to invest in some Kevlar diapers from now on. (OUCH!!)
Wendy Vitter told the Times-Picayune: "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary [Clinton]. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me." ...
Also with his number on the infamous DC Madam list is none other than the former Congressional staffer for Rep. Rick Lazio (R-N.Y.) and CNN & MSNBC "Republican Strategist" John (Jack) "CREEEP" M. Burkman Jr. - Principal at J.M. Burkman & Associates.

Will it adversely effect his career? Somehow I doubt it.

U.S. House passes Iraq withdrawal bill 223 - 201

C&L: Barbara Boxer says Impeachment should be on the table