Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ann Coulter's repeated use of "B. Hussein Obama" and "President Hussein"

I really don't have anything else to say about Ann's latest offensive absurdity other than the 2 min clip speaks for itself. She refers repeatedly to Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama as "B. Hussein Obama," five separate times, and then says "It's shocking that he's probably going to be our next president, President Hussein."

btw, this is me just kicking the tires on RedLasso with my first clip from there. It's a really neat service with the slogan "Find it, Clip it, Share it" that provides a keyword search feature for recorded tv and radio that allows you search, find and edit a clip from the raw file and then link to or embed it like YouTube, only better. With RedLasso you don't have to record, edit, convert and upload a video - you don't even need to have a tv or anything other than a computer and internet. RedLasso lets you search out a key word or a phrase to find and then edit out a clip all online. In this my first attempt - "Ann Coulter" returned too many results, I had to limit the time and channel and search for "Hussein"before I found the clip I was looking for. Here's a short how to video.

As far as I can tell at this point you have to request an invite to be able to register and use the service or even just to use the search tool to find clips. I get that they might want to limit the total number of us yahoos in there editing and posting clips, but I'd have thought they'd allow anyone to be able to search, find and embed clips that us yahoos have already made. No? I think its still a bit in the beta stage though so I imagine it will get more user friendly over time, and it took me more than one request attempt and a little while before I received mine, but I can tell already it was well worth the wait. Now when I get a tip or see a comment that someone just saw or heard someone say something on Fox/CNN/CSpan etc I can just go to RedLasso and 'Find it, Clip it, and Share it.' (also RedLasso Blog)